;

The Time of the Sweater Vest

Winter time in South Asia looks a lot like winter in America. Right now I see pictures of cardigans and boots and leg warmers and scarfs all over the internet, you know the essentials for fall. And just like in America the cold seems to bring about a winter fashion here in South Asia. I don't know exactly when it begins but right when it starts cooling down you see the men begin to bring out their best.  They all store them up all year for this specific time and it really is a sight to see. 

All men bring out their sweater vests. 

Now these aren't normal sweater vests. They come in spectacular colors and come in different materials and often come with sparkles. The tame ones are browns and creams but the most amazing ones are orange and pink and sparkly and just so fashionable. I don't know where you buy them but all I know is that every single man owns one. And seriously they are my favorite. 

So heres what I am thinking, because I just cant stand the fact that this is only a South Asian fashion, it is just too good not to be everywhere, this needs to be started in America. I need some men to take up this fashion and spread it around the states, I truly would back the project 100% of the way.  I love them and you will too. 

Here are some pictures I have shamelessly taken from behind, but I wish I could capture all the sweaters that I see because like I said I just love them all so very much. 




I am pretty sure all of this yarn is used to crochet the wonderful sweater vests. Note the man behind me who is clearly so happy because he is wearing his sweater vest. 


0 comments: